NPA Annual Elections
Nominations are invited for election to the following positions:
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Ordinary Executive members (4 positions).
Positions are open to all NPA members.
- You must be a current financial member of NPA.
- Your nomination must be supported by at least one other current financial member.
- A good working knowledge of NPA, its objects and activities through previous involvement in a branch committee, the State Council or any other voluntary involvement.
- Suitable skills, experience and motivation. These might relate to one or more of the following fields:
- environmental policy, planning or law
- natural sciences / natural resource management
- advocacy or campaign experience
- volunteer or community engagement
- indigenous cultural affairs
- Federal, State or local government
- business, finance or accounting
- board or management experience
- fundraising or marketing
- media, communications or publishing
- nature-based recreation or education
- rural or non-metropolitan background
- other skills or experience.
Attendance at meetings
The Executive meets approximately every 6 weeks between February and early December, generally on Thursday evenings in Sydney. Telephone attendance is permitted if unable or impracticable to attend in person. Between meetings, interaction occurs through various committees and by email. State Council meetings are held 3 times per year on weekends at various locations across NSW. A policy applies for reimbursement of travel and accommodation expenses for State Council meetings.
- Lodge your nomination using the enclosed form.
- Complete all required fields.
- Send the nomination form to the Returning Officer by any of the specified methods.
- Your nomination must be received by 4 pm on Friday 29 September 2017.
Date of election
Successful candidates will be chosen by ballot at the Annual Meeting of the State Council, to be held on 4 November 2017 at Lane Cove National Park Visitors Centre (Jenkins Hall), Max Allen Drive, West Lindfield. You are encouraged to attend. The ballot will be conducted in accordance with the election rules set out in the NPA Governance Manual.