Fundraising Coordinator with National Parks Association of NSW (part-time – 2 Days a week)
We’re looking for a skilled, hands-on fundraiser to raise vital funds to support the National Parks Association of NSW in our tireless advocacy for national parks, nature and wildlife.
This exciting, newly created role will drive the growth of NPA’s donor development program, focusing on the acquisition, cultivation and retention of donors. A proven record of engagement at a senior level with philanthropic foundations, converting warm leads into active donors and re-engaging with lapsed supporters is essential. You will prepare engaging content for appeals, social media, eDMs, newsletters and the NPA’s journal.
The Fundraising Coordinator will report to the NPA Executive Officer and work closely with our small team of communication and environmental specialists.
Location: Pyrmont, Sydney
Position Reports to: NPA Executive Officer
Direct Reports: Nil
Position Type: Part-time (15.2 hours per week)
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements strategies to acquire, secure, maintain and cultivate donors to increase giving.
- Identifies potential donors, including relevant philanthropic foundations, and facilitates the development of ongoing relationships with NPA.
- Works with the Executive Officer to effectively engage with high value donors.
- Develops pipelines for increased giving, regular giving, major donations and bequests.
- Plans, develops and implements initiatives to increase the life-time value of donors, including thank-you calls, cards, tailored appeals, telemarketing and special events.
- Secures new donors from our warm list of NPA supporters.
- Contacts and re-engages with lapsed donors.
- Organises at least one special event per year for existing and potential donors, corporate supporters and bequestors.
- Analyses and documents donor behaviours, donation trends and pipelines for increased giving.
- Engages with potential donors and develops positive relationships with NPA.
- Prepares copy for publications including electronic and hard-copy direct mail appeals, social media, quarterly retention newsletters and the Annual Report.
- Works with the Manager Communications and Publication to generate positive media and improve the website’s relevance to potential and existing donors.
Professional and personal skills
The Fundraising Coordinator will carry out a range of tasks that require a high level of planning with excellent attention to detail. The position is expected to exhibit initiative and flexibility. On a day-to-day basis, the Fundraising Coordinator will work autonomously and manage priorities in consultation with the Executive Officer.
The Fundraising Coordinator must possess highly developed interpersonal and communications skills. They will have the demonstrated ability to build strong relationships at a senior level. They are a person who quickly builds rapport with a wide range of people, communicates clearly and has the proven capacity to build a passion amongst donors for supporting NPA’s work and future.
- Extensive professional experience in fundraising, including building support and donations from the philanthropy sector.
- Extensive experience in engaging with existing and potential donors at a senior level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships at a senior level.
- Experience in the use of social media tools and a high level of fundraising creativity.
- Proactive with a collaborative, positive, can-do approach.
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines.
- Commitment to the environmental and community goals of the NPA.
- Proven database knowledge and experience.
- Event and appeal management experience.
How to apply for this job
Enquiries: Executive Officer Gary Dunnett on 0432 757 059 or at email@example.com
Written application: to apply please email a resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will read every application and will invite you to attend an interview if your application meets our needs. Please detail why you would be particularly well suited to the role, clearly addressing the selection criteria with examples and successes from your experience.
Closing date: applications should be submitted to email@example.com by no later than 20 June 2019.