As part of our 60th Anniversary celebrations, NPA is running a photo competition! This competition will be running over most of the year. Winners will have their photos printed and displayed in an exhibition and a voucher for private photography lessons with Smart digital.
Enter the Photo Competition
If you are a keen nature photographer or have a great photo in one of the categories below please share it with us. This competition is open to everyone.
Categories can include:
- National Parks or other naturally significant areas
- Underwater and Marine Photography (NSW only)
- Bushwalking or outdoor activities (NSW only)
- Animals and Wildlife (Australian wildlife only)
- Historic photos related to NPA, nature conservation or wildlife in NSW
Photo Competition Rules
Entries should include metadata if at all possible. Caption information should include:
- Name of location (e.g. Royal National Park)
- Caption of subject matter
Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license (see “Your Rights” below). You must be able to disclose when and where the photo appeared previously to NPA upon request.
If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to NPA upon request.
The following submissions are ineligible:
- Photographs of pets or domestic animals.
- Images of captive animals photographed in zoos and commercial game farms.
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright.
- Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife, or damage to the environment by the photographer.
- Images that involve putting any individual or animal in danger.
NPA shall determine entry eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion.
- If you submit a photograph to enter the Photo Contest, you grant National Parks Association of NSW Inc a royalty-free right to:
- Display the photograph on our website
- Allow third-parties to share the photograph on the following social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, and Flickr.
- Use the photograph on the Internet and in Social Media
- Use the photograph in NPA’s internal and external communications materials including but not limited to web sites and web publications, fact sheets, fund raising publications, advertising, multimedia, presentation and membership services, annual report and Nature NSW magazine.
- Provide your photograph to other individuals and organisations for Conservation-related use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, videos, membership premiums, and the like.
- Use, in connection with the Photo Contest, your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
- Retain a digital copy of your photograph that will be archived in the NPA photo library and accessible to NPA staff.NPA will endeavour to credit all photographs with the caption “Person’s Name” when the full name is available.